Frequently Asked Questions

Yes, the price of the eTA service is $79, but it remains much more accessible than the visa, the cost of which varies between $100 and $200 CAN.

The eTA allows you to stay in Canada for a maximum of 6 months but it only applies to tourists, business travelers and people in transit. If you want to stay longer, study or work there, you will need to apply for a visa from the consular authorities.

You need:
a valid passport;
a credit card or debit card;
a valid email address.

Quite often, a response is sent within 15 minutes of submitting the form. If this is not the case, you will be contacted no matter what within 72 hours, provided you have a valid e-mail address.

There are three types of possible answers:

“authorization granted”, you are officially authorized to travel to Canada;
“authorization pending”, the request is being processed, a response is generally given within a few days;
“authorization not granted”, it is impossible for you to travel to Canada using the eTA. However, nothing prevents you from applying for a visa.

It is not possible to make a group request. You will need to apply individually, filling in each individual’s personal information and paying the processing fee for each person.

If the Canadian authorities refuse to grant you travel authorization, you can still apply for a visa at the Canadian Embassy or Canadian Consulate.

eTA allows you to travel to Canada by air. However, only Canadian customs and immigration services are authorized to approve your entry into Canada.

Scroll to Top